£10,000 per annum
Ashby de la Zouch
Plastribution has a remarkable reputation. Over the last four decades, we have been consistent in delivering reliability, know-how and unrivalled customer service for our customers. We now have the potential to double in size over the next decade, but we need highly capable, talented and team orientated people to help make that happen.
Plastribution has exciting apprenticeship opportunities available, and there is no better time to join our team. We offer a vibrant, open plan working environment that has been purposely created to enable staff to communicate better and thrive. The positive atmosphere at Plastribution is dynamic and fun, including Halloween parties, sports days and team building social events.
We want our staff to have a good life/work balance, which is why we provide flexible working and on-going mental health support. We offer salaries above the national minimum wage plus annual leave, bank holidays and extended Christmas break, with options to purchase extra annual leave.
Our open-plan, modern office is situated in Ashby de la Zouch, in walking distance of local shops. Public transport to surrounding areas is available, as well as free car parking in a secure location.
An exciting career opportunity to work for the UK’s leading distributor of plastics and raw materials. A varied exciting role which will provide the successful candidate with a full understanding of the business, gaining experience and a practical understanding of all departments including sales, purchasing, logistics and accounting.
Duties of the Business Administration Apprentice
- Accepting, processing and invoicing sales orders
- Providing support to the Credit Control function, including contacting customers to progress payment, preparation for Area Credit meetings, and, where appropriate, liaising with Management to resolve issues
- Liaising with the Operations team
- Liaising with the Product teams with regard to material purchases and stock holding
- Liaising with the Account Managers on a day-to-day basis with regard to customer sales, samples, quotations and general market information
- To keep accurate files and records supporting the Account Manager and internal procedures within Netsuite and other systems
- Provide support to the Area Sales team and work to improve customer relations and systems in support of the business
- Liaise with customers with regard to sales orders, deliveries and complaints
- Enter all quotations, samples and market information into given systems and liaise with other members of the team, Product Managers, and the Sales Manager to follow these through to their ultimate conclusion. This includes logging samples sent to customers and consistently following these up and evaluating the effectiveness of sampling
- Be flexible in respect of the Company’s needs by providing cover for absent colleagues and assisting others where necessary
- Work to improve knowledge of the Company’s products
- Report the occurrence of any non-conformance through Netsuite, using Cases
- Assess the credit-worthiness of companies contacted and make recommendations
- Continually seeks out opportunity, practising and encouraging a culture of strategic excellence
- Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve a result
- Provide the best possible solution to problem solving or decision making by conscientiously testing things, examining facts, trying different alternatives and thinking things through
- Building relationships both internally and externally to ensure that information is shared quickly and efficiently
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times
- Occasional Company travel may be required
The Business Administration Apprentice candidate will need experience in and the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good level of Numeracy
- Good IT skills
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to build rapport
- 5 GCSEs at Grades A-C/4-9 or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English is a mandatory requirement