£10,000 per annum
Ashby de la Zouch
Plastribution has a remarkable reputation. Over the last four decades, we have been consistent in delivering reliability, know-how and unrivalled customer service for our customers. We now have the potential to double in size over the next decade, but we need highly capable, talented and team orientated people to help make that happen.
Plastribution has exciting apprenticeship opportunities available, and there is no better time to join our team. We offer a vibrant, open plan working environment that has been purposely created to enable staff to communicate better and thrive. The positive atmosphere at Plastribution is dynamic and fun, including Halloween parties, sports days and team building social events.
We want our staff to have a good life/work balance, which is why we provide flexible working and on-going mental health support. We offer salaries above the national minimum wage plus annual leave, bank holidays and extended Christmas break, with options to purchase extra annual leave.
Our open-plan, modern office is situated in Ashby de la Zouch, within walking distance of local shops. Public transport to surrounding areas is available, as well as free car parking in a secure location.
An exciting opportunity to join the Plastribution Group. Are you a highly motivated team player that possesses skills around relationship building, IT, strong administration skills and the ability to work under pressure and multi-task? If so, this is the ideal role for you. A discretionary annual performance bonus of up-to 20% is also available.
Duties of the Business Administration Apprentice
Aid the Administration Executive to:
- Type and deal with correspondence including correspondence of a confidential or sensitive nature
- Assist with production of reports
- Provide assistance in any project work as directed by Management
- Assist in keeping a record of holidays and sick leave for all staff
- Provide a weekly reports to staff as required
- Monitor the stationery requirements for the office and purchase as required, checking in on arrival
- Organise printing for business cards, letterheads, printed envelopes
- Assist in organising promotional items
- Order supplies for the Company document centres. Arrange maintenance call-outs if photocopiers are in need of repair and keep a record of meter readings as and when requested
- Assist in making arrangements for the maintenance of all Company vehicles
- Assist in the procurement of mobile phones and accessories
- Raise purchase orders and book in invoices for all segments of the business where required
- Assist in co-ordinating and formatting the monthly Business Reports and keep all corporate, financial, and commercial information records and comments confidential
- Meet visitors and arrange refreshment and lunch for meetings where necessary
- Support training courses, in house events and oversee that those events run smoothly by organising catering and meeting and greeting visitors
- Become a first aider and ensure first aid supplies, including defibrillators, are kept up-to date. Training will be provided
- Be a part of the social committee, charity committee and organise social events for the company
- Assist in organising hospitality, exhibitions, conferences, and internal and external training events
- Maintain corporate presentations and assist in providing handouts for events
- Assist in maintaining the HR records, ensuring the records are correct and up to date
Make travel arrangements on behalf of the Company and any visitors to the company including, but not limited to:
- Flight Bookings
- Hotel accommodation
- Train tickets
- Taxi bookings
- Hire car arrangements
The Business Administration Apprentice candidate will need experience in and the following areas:
- General administration skills (data input/IT)
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Keep calm and work methodically
- Good energy levels
- Effective communicator or willingness to develop
- Structured approach to work
- Team player
- Level 2 English and maths (GSCE Grade 9-4/A*-C) or equivalent is an essential requirement.
Has the potential to lead to full time employment for the right candidate to progress within the business.
Things to consider
This role offers flexibility and an opportunity to develop. Plastribution Group offer a modern class-leading workspace with a discretionary annual performance bonus of up-to 20%. Plastribution Group puts its people at the heart of the business, with a focus on team building and social events.