Plastribution is looking for a Customer Service Representative on a full-time basis.
At Plastribution, great customer service is our speciality. We are looking for a team player that possesses skills around relationship building, strong communication and is a highly motivated individual.
Why Plastribution? .
Did you know that the UK plastics industry is the third largest sector employer in UK manufacturing, employing over 182,000. That means that more people are employed in plastics than in glass, steel, and paper combined.
As one of the industry’s leading distributors of plastics raw materials, Plastribution has a remarkable reputation. Over the last four decades, we have been consistent in delivery reliability, know-how and unrivalled customer service for our customers. We now have the potential to double in size over the next decade, but we need highly capable, talented and team orientated people to help make that happen.
There is no better time to join Plastribution. We offer a vibrant, open plan working environment that has been purposely created to enable staff to communicate better and thrive. The positive atmosphere at Plastribution is dynamic, which in turn promotes a culture of productivity that is unmatched amongst our competitors.
Up for a challenge? Visit our Careers page on our website to find out more about the role and what Plastribution can offer you – https://plb.ltd/careers/
Assist with the general running of the team and help co-ordinate activities relating to the following:
a) Accepting, processing and invoicing sales orders.
b) Providing support to the Credit Control function, including contacting customers to progress payment, preparation for Credit meetings, and, where appropriate, liaising with Management to resolve issues.
c) Liaising with the Supply Chain/Product Team and the account manager with regard to material purchases, stockholding and warehousing and transport related enquiries
d) Liaising with the Account Manager on a day-to-day basis with regard to sales, samples, quotations and general market information.
e) To keep accurate files and records supporting the Account Manager and internal procedures within CRM system.
f) Complete any other adhoc administrative requests as required by customer
g) Quoting customer as and when required
2. Provide support to the Sales team and work to improve customer relations and systems in support of the business.
3. Liaise with customers with regard to sales orders, deliveries and complaints.
a) Assist the ISR and/or Account Manager with chasing existing business and lost business
4. Enter all quotations, samples and market information into given systems and liaise with other members of the team and the Sales Manager to follow these through to their ultimate conclusion. This includes logging samples sent to customers and consistently following these up and evaluating the effectiveness of sampling.
5. Work as a team to report on the sales results at the end of each month and discuss these results within Sales meetings and whenever required.
6. Be flexible in respect of the Company’s needs where necessary, providing cover for absent colleagues and providing training for new members of staff.
7. General support of the office:
a) Answering the intercom
b) Answering external phone lines
8. Report the occurrence of any non-conformance through CRM, using Cases.
9. Assess the credit-worthiness of companies contacted and make recommendations.
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
- Discretionary company bonus of up to 20%
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Wellness programmes
- Holiday for pay scheme
- Dedicated social committee
- Private medical insurance after 5 years service
- Holiday for pay
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
COVID 19 Risk Assessment
Work Location: In person